Thursday, March 8, 2012

What If. . .

I remember the first time Julianne came back to AZ for a visit after living in NE. It was the day before she was to go back and a group of us were in Last Chance. (Julianne home + Last Chance = a good combination.) As we roamed the store, I kept thinking, "What if we could just stay at Last Chance? Forget the clocks and dates. Then she would never have to leave. We'd be forever in Last Chance."

Last night, a few AZ visits later and a couple of red headed children more, I sat next to the bath tub as they took their bath. Today they would go back to NE. I thought, "What if they could just stay in the bath tub forever? If I never got them out, they would never have to go back."

Crazy, I know. But the time always flies by too fast.

This morning the house is quiet again. Their plane leaves in 45 minutes to go back to NE. But not just NE . . . back to Brenden, who has missed them and needs them more. It's been quiet for him in NE as he's shared Julianne, Emmie and Peter with us. I'll always be overly grateful for his letting them come.

Parting is such sweet sorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment