Sunday, March 11, 2012

March 14

Happy Birthday, Jeff! A story about when you were born. . .

We were so excited to finally have a little boy! That morning, after they weighed you and wrapped you tight in a warm blue blanket, the nurses handed you back to me. As I held you, we called the Grandparents to brag. You were a beauty. I remember talking to Grandma Buehner on the phone. Then she said, "Is that him I can hear?" And I realized that in between our conversation on the phone, you had been getting used to your new voice. You had "talked" nonstop for most of the morning. Not crying, but "talking". I had a feeling that since you had never heard your own voice before this earth life, it must have been kind of fun to experiment with your new "talent". It was sweet. We all were over joyed with having you here, and overcome by how smart we knew you'd become for discovering your abilities so quickly! I'll never forget it.

This birthday will be extra special as you will become a Dad shortly. You and Vita have hoped and dreamed about little Henry's birthday. I'm SO happy and proud of you. Henry will be a lucky, lucky boy and man. He'll be smart and beautiful, too, just like both of you.

You'll be starting your own collection of stories about your precious children soon. Get ready!

Happy Birthday, Jeff!
I Love You!
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment