Thursday, May 30, 2013

Philosophobias

Writer's Group Assignment # 1 (for me...)

What Is Your Philosophy on Life?

I don't know that I have one philosophy of life, but many.  It's not like I wake up every day with a new one, either; I just believe and function on many that make me whole.

I think often about people.  I learn good things from so many, but I find myself thankful that I'm not like others.  Trust plays a big part in my philosophy of life, since I look for validation of it in others so much, it's important to me that I am trustworthy.  

Another philosophy is that I don't believe we are ever through learning or growing.  I always want to have a to do list, no matter how slow I go or how fuzzy the fine print is. 

If you pay your tithing first, you always have it and never miss it.

Another of my philosophies is forgiveness.  You never know what a person has been through, to cause them to react questionably.  So, I always give them a couple of chances.

If I stay away from caffeine drinks, which has been easy for me, I'll be better off.  I have plenty of other vices that, I might be a mess if I let that promise go.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Never travel behind any sort of trailer; large or small.  You never know when that thing will unhinge.  Get in the other lane.
Also, never sit directly under a chandelier with a pointed stem.  It hurts to think about it . . .

I'll do better on the next assignment, I promise.  But for now, I realize my philosophies have melded into phobias.  And that's OK.   Give me another chance!

 
 








No comments:

Post a Comment