Monday, August 27, 2012

I Walk By Faith

Yesterday they took care of the other side of my neck at the skin Dr.  "Taking care" is becoming a pain.  I do only have one more known surgery to go, but the way the Dr. talked, I might be frequenting his office more.  I know they want me in there every 6 months.  I'm good with wellness checks. . .  but I'm running out of good neck space.

I feel like I did when I learned all our children needed glasses.  It seemed like the day before, they were perfect.  Then, the school nurse tested their eyes the next day and poof!  They were wearing glasses!  Their perfect bodies needed adjusting. 

Last night I was supposed to go to Enrichment.  I was really looking forward to it.  But I had come home from the Dr. with a huge scarey bandage.   I didn't have the nerve to tramatize all those women.  So, I cancelled out.  We were supposed to bring shoes that represented our lives.  I could have worn any shoes in my closet, because at this point in my empty nest life, I find myself walking by faith every day.   "Lead thou my feet.  I do not ask to see the distant scene.  One step enough for me."   I know that if I walk uprightly, my prayers will be heard for the needs (like glasses) of those I love, and even for the faith to know that a Dr.'s hands will be guided. 

 
 

2 comments: