Thursday, September 8, 2011

September 8, 1954

Today is Jeff Buehner's birthday. Jim and Jon went to the temple this morning at 6:30 AM. Mom was scheduled to work at the temple from 10 until 1:30. After that, Dad was going to meet her and they would do a session. My day was free in the later morning, so I went through at 11:30. It was nice. We usually try to go through the temple on Jeff's birthday. Sometimes we've been able to go together. Other times, like today, we all went when we could. The nice part was, we all had Jeff in mind. I can't think of anything I would rather have done today.
I saw Mom at the temple, sitting behind her little desk. I waved as she looked up and smiled. She looks right at home there. I'm grateful.
Tonight, I called to chat and she informed me that when she and Dad left the temple earlier (in separate cars), she had a flat tire on the way home. She was behind Dad and sadly, he didn't even notice she had turned off. But a miracle happened. She parked and was just getting ready to get out, when Dale Patterson pulled up.  Out of the blue1 She was in his neighborhood and there he was and there she was. She had everything he needed to change the tire, so Dale got to work. It was only 106 degrees and he is still recovering from heart surgery, but he didn't skip a beat. He kept telling Mom to get in the shade.
Yes. I'd say that was a miracle. A birthday miracle from Jeff straight to his mother. Never say heaven is too far away.
Happy birthday, Jeffrey Walter Buehner.
I LOVE you.

Your grateful sister,
Jody

No comments:

Post a Comment