Monday, February 3, 2014

"Who Is This?!"

Dear Son in Laws,
The air conditioning guy, carrying a loaded tool box like it was a basket of feathers,  paid me a scheduled visit this morning.  (We still get warranty calls about every 6 months.)  I never know who will show up; it's always someone different than before, so I am always cautious when I'm alone.  He was a big dude with short light hair, blue eyes, clear skin, and about your ages.  We visited about the units and he went about his business to check things out.
After a few minutes I heard him come upstairs and in an excited voice say, "Who is this?!"  I turned around to see him close to frantically pointing to a photo of you on the shelf against the stairs.  I proudly informed him it was my son in law, expecting to hear of his knowing you.  And since he was so interested, I went on to give him your whole name, upon which he almost didn't believe me.  He was a little disappointed to learn your photo was not Tom Cruise . . .   As he puttered out the front door, shaking his head in disbelief, I heard his voice fade out again and again, "He looks just like Tome Cruise!  He looks just like Tom Cruise!" 
I wandered over to the shelf to see for myself and realized he was pointing to the other  of you than I had originally thought.   
To one of you,  you are our new claim to fame Tom Cruise-look-alike-son in law. . . to the other, this dude now knows your full name . . . Walk softly and carry a bigger toolbox!

2 comments: