Saturday, November 17, 2012

(snippety - snip!)

Since Randy and I were first married, I have cut his hair.  No, this is not something I'm proud of, but he has not been picky.  He could have looked like Clark Kent all these years, but no.   With the $ we'd save on hair cuts, he would sacrifice.  What a guy! 

I also remember his sister Diane (beauty school graduate) coming over and teaching me all I needed to know about guy's haircuts.  The kitchen floor in the house on Juniper Street was the setting - even before kids.

Lately my friend has been calling me to trim her bangs and to cut her husband's hair.  I don't mind about the bangs, I just pretend I know what I'm doing (snippety snip!)  But I'm a little fearful about becoming her husbands hairdresser, since the last time I cut it, he kind of looked like Randy and I wasn't sure he wanted to look like Randy.

Some day I intend to write  up a detailed description of my one fabulous hair cutting technique, in hopes that if my friend continues to ask me, I'll be able to teach her how to fish cut, so she can provide.  But it also occurs to me that Diane must have felt the same way, so many years ago.   That's when she sat me down and taught me how to fish cut.


 

2 comments:

  1. I just love your posts! *smile* You've done a great on my uncle's head. Are you sure you're not a pro? I mean, people are asking for your expertise. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This lady and her husband have fallen on hard times. Plus, she just went through chemo and radiation a couple of years ago for breast cancer. It was fun to cut her hair for the first time when her hair grew back. All I know about hair is from Diane and about 20 library books over the years on how to cut a boy's hair. Randy and Gregg are lucky. With some curve, you couldn't see the flaws. Jeff had straight hair and you could see every snip... Maybe I'll make a video (NOT!)

    ReplyDelete